This is a very simple recipe that can be adapted to use whatever pasta or vegetables you have available. I have been trying to use up the ruby chard from my allotment too!
Pasta, feta and roast veggies with a pesto dressing Serves 2
- 1 onion cut into large chunks
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper chopped
- 1 courgette sliced
- Big handful of chopped greens such as chard, spinach or kale
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil for roasting
- 75g dried pasta per person
- 200g feta
- 2 tbsp vegetarian pesto
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Chopped fresh basil and parsley
- Salt & pepper
- Start by placing all the chopped vegetables into a roasting tin and tossing them in the sunflower oil, dried chilli flakes and thyme, then place into a hot oven.
- Once the vegetables have started to roast (after about 15 minutes) turn the oven down slightly and boil the pasta until al dente. At the last minute throw in the greens until cooked then drain.
- Mix the roast vegetables with the pasta and greens. Break the feta into cubes and stir it in gently with the pasta.
- In a small dish mix the pesto and extra virgin olive oil and set aside.
- Serve up the pasta, feta and veggies into two bowls, drizzle over the dressing then sprinkle with the fresh basil and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
This recipe can easily be made vegan and/or gluten free by using gluten free pasta and replacing feta with butter beans or chickpeas and excluding the pesto.